- Georgian campuses use over 3 million paper cups a year.
- Paper cups are clogging our waste disposal bins and lowering our landfill diversion rates.
- If you throw your cup in a recycling bin, the entire contents of that bin are contaminated and end up in a landfill.
- Bring a reusable mug to campus. You’ll save 10 cents on your campus beverage every time!
- Take the #GCKilltheCup pledge to stop using paper cups.
- Spread the word by tweeting or instagramming a selfie with your reusable mug, hashtag #GCKilltheCup. You could win a $300 Georgian Stores gift card.
- If you DO buy a paper cup, recycle your lid and sleeve – and put the cup itself in the garbage.
- Take part in Georgian’s Earth Day campus cleanups