Georgian students are being invited to the Explore Public Policy Issues seminar taking place in Toronto on Saturday, Nov. 8. Participants will spend the day listening to presentations, engaging in discussions with their peers, and interacting with leading policy experts in a fun and intellectual forum.
The seminar is free of charge and includes lunch. It takes place from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Marriott Bloor Yorkville Hotel at 90 Bloor St. E.
Topics and speakers
- Exports versus Imports: the Economic Consequences of a Lower Canadian Dollar – Philip Cross, Former Chief Economic Analyst, Statistics Canada; Columnist, Financial Post
- We Need to Rethink the Canada Health Act, and Fast – Dr. Brett Belchetz, Emergency Room Physician and medical expert on CTVs’ Marilyn Denis Show
- Retooling the War on Terrorism to Fight the Home-grown One-man Threat – Jonathan Kay, Managing Editor for Comment, National Post
- Falling Crime, Rising Costs: Comparing Police Resources and Outcomes in Canada – Livio di Matteo, Professor of Economics, Lakehead University
- Ontario’s $12.5 Billion Debt Crisis – Robert Murphy, Senior Fellow, Fraser Institute