Hobart provided an incredible amount of support for both facilities. Initially, they donated two dishwashing machines (one for Barrie) and one pot-washing machine. As the renovation evolved, Hobart supplied premium equipment and lined the walls throughout the kitchen and sanitation lab with stainless steel sheeting.
Features of the new facilities include:
- Renovated main kitchen with six 10-burner double oven ranges
- Combitherm oven (which can cook at humidity levels from completely dry to steam)
- New refrigeration units
- Chef demonstration area with six-burner convection oven range
- Proofing cabinet for bread and tilt skillets
- Upgraded service kitchen with 10-burner double range oven, overhead grill and sandwich prep counter
Guests at the event sampled local food prepared fresh by students, who also tried their hand at unique methods such as making ice cream with liquid nitrogen.
For more information, contact Anthony Bevan, Culinary Co-ordinator, at email@example.com or ext. 2461.