If you have decided to live off-campus there are a number of basic questions you should ask yourself before beginning the search for accommodations:
- How much can I afford?
- Do I want to live alone or with a roommate(s)
- Do I live with a friend(s) or people I don’t know?
- What length of lease am I willing to accept?
- Will I be in Barrie during the summer? Or sublet my apt?
- How far from the College do I want to be?
- Do I need parking?
- Are the accommodations licensed under the City’s Boarding, Lodging and Rooming House by-law?
- Do I know how to be a good neighbour?
There are many more questions you should answer, but if you start with these you will be well on your find to finding accommodations that suit your needs. For more information and other resources please check out our Off-Campus Resources.
Once you have answered these questions and are ready to begin your search for accommodations click on the link below to begin your search.
Please note that Georgian College has partnered with Places4Students.com, a company that specializes in providing Off-Campus Housing solutions for post-secondary students. This service is free for all students to use as an effective method of finding a place to live off-campus.
Please note, Georgian College does not inspect or verify the premises listed and does not assume any liability for the condition or safety of the premises. Please use due diligence when searching for accommodations and seek advice when necessary.