You’re invited to register for the Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD) and Justice Conference, hosted at the Barrie Campus May 24.
FASD is a permanent brain-based disability that impairs thinking and judgment. Unsupported, individuals with FASD are at disproportionate risk for involvement with the law – as offenders and as victims.
Georgian College, in partnership with the Law Foundation of Ontario and other conference sponsors, is working toward the advancement of awareness of the disability and an improved response.
The conference, considered a first in Ontario, will focus on justice and corrections issues, bringing together subject experts to explore alternate approaches and programs that can contribute to safety, fairness and justice in the province.
The conference will benefit students in corrections and social services and anyone who is concerned with the implications of justice, criminality and disability.
For more information or to receive a copy of the conference brochure, please contact Sheila.Burns@GeorgianCollege.ca.
- Registration deadline: May 17
- Conference fee: $84.75
- Payment options: Visa, MasterCard, American Express
- Download the FASD and Justice Conference Registration form
- Telephone: Rob Reid at 705-329-3129
- Mail or in-person: Rob Reid, Georgian College, Continuing Education and Workplace Development, 825 Memorial Avenue, P.O. Box 2316, Orillia, ON L3V 6S2
- Fax: 705-325-3690
- E-mail: Kimberley.Glaze@GeorgianCollege.ca