Like working with your hands?
With a shortage of skilled trades and technology workers in Canada, this is a great time to prepare for a rewarding career. We have a program that’s right for you, with the flexibility to match your schedule.
What are you waiting for? Join us for the Your Future in Skilled Trades and Technology: Program Information Event
- Saturday, July 29 from 9 a.m. to noon
- meet in the lobby of F Building at the Barrie Campus
About the wood shop workshop
Participants complete an individual project with guidance from faculty member Lynn MacKinlay. Route, rivet, sand and spray your project, and then take it home with you!
No experience necessary – be sure to wear closed-toe shoes and have your hair tied back.
- 9 to 9:30 a.m.: Meet Bill Angelakos, Dean of Technology and Visual Arts and enjoy a complimentary continental breakfast
- 9:30 to 10:30 a.m.: Participate in one of two workshops
- build a project in the wood shop with faculty Lynn MacKinlay
- take a detailed tour of Georgian’s engineering and technology laboratories, including the robotics and electrical labs
- 10:30 to 11:15 a.m.: Learn how to afford college in an OSAP and financial aid presentation
- 11:15 to noon: Get the help you need to take the next step – get help to begin your college application, ask questions, or take a full campus tour
Parking tokens will be provided. Let us know you’re coming – please RSVP by Saturday, July 22.