Diploma, degree and graduate programs
- Secondary or high school transcripts with proof of graduation, subjects taken, and grades received
- Math and English credits are required at the Grade 12 level
Graduate certificate programs
- College or university transcripts with proof of graduation, subjects taken, and grades received
- Resume outlining work/volunteer/internship experiences
- Letter of intent stating reason for applying
Note: Some programs may have additional requirements. Please refer to our Programs page.
English language proficiency
All applicants for whom English is a foreign language must provide proof of language proficiency or graduate from one of the authorized Georgian College partner school pathway programs, please see list below.
Please read the English language proficiency requirements, Section 2.5
International education equivalency guidelines
Complete the international student application (pdf).
- Applicants are urged to apply as early as possible to ensure there is sufficient time to obtain a student permit.
- February 1 is the equal consideration date for programs that start in September; however, applications are accepted all year round if space is available.
- Please ensure that you include the $100 CAD processing fee with your application. We are unable to process applications that do not include the processing fee. This fee does not apply to EAP/English language studies programs.
- If it’s over one year ago that you have applied to Georgian, you must complete a new application form and pay the $100 processing fee. You do not need to submit academic documents. We will request additional documents, if required.
- Original or certified copies of English language test scores, academic records and any other documentation may be scanned and sent by email along with your application. High resolution scans are required. Original or certified paper copies are not required unless requested as part of the admissions process.
- Students need to show proof of graduation, subjects taken and grades received.
- Students who are not graduating until later in the year should send current transcripts along with mid-term grades.
Once we reach an admissions decision, you or your representative will receive an email with a letter of acceptance (or refusal). Please note that final/unconditional acceptance letters are mailed or sent by courier, while conditional letters are only sent by email. A final/unconditional letter will be sent once all admission requirements are met. Students who receive a conditional acceptance must submit the required documentation by June 1 to receive a final acceptance.
Full tuition fees are due by June 1 for September start dates and October 1 for January start dates to guarantee your place in the program.
5. Study permit/visa
Once you have an acceptance letter and tuition receipt, you may apply for a student permit/student visa from the Canadian Embassy or consulate. View additional information on study permits in Canada. Note: The application process could take between four to six months. Please notify us at email@example.com as soon as you receive your study permit/student visa.
To get the designated learning institute number for Georgian College, visit the Canadian government website for an institution list and further information.
6. Next step
Secure your accommodation by viewing the housing options on the student services webpage. If you are staying in homestay you must complete the homestay application and email it to HomestayProgram@georgiancollege.ca two weeks in advance. After you have confirmed where you’re living, you can book your airport pickup online. For detailed information, please contact International Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Postsecondary programs: $100
- No application fee for English for Academic Purposes (EAP)
- Diploma and degree programs (per year): $12,600 to $13,000 (includes health insurance, ID card, activity fees, education technology, co-op fees)
- Graduate certificate programs: $12,000 to $16,000
Accommodation (per month)
- Homestay (with meals): $750
- Homestay (without meals): $500
- Room for rent (estimated cost): $500
- Residence fees
Other costs (per academic year)
- Books, English for Academic Purposes: $200 to $600
- Books, postsecondary programs: $200 to $1,000
- Transportation: $55 (per month)
- Food (estimated): $1600
- Homestay co-ordination
- Airport pickup
- Co-op consultation
- Orientation (campus and community)
All costs are in Canadian dollars. Prices are approximate and may change without notice. For more pricing details, contact email@example.com.
How to pay your fees at Georgian College
Please include your name and student number on all correspondence. All payments should be payable to Georgian College.
Please note: Georgian College is unable to accept credit card payments in person or online.
- debit card
- money order (to be drawn from a Canadian Bank)
- bank or demand draft (to be drawn from a Canadian Bank)
- certified cheque (to be drawn from a Canadian Bank)
- wire or bank transfer
- internet banking (your student number is your account number, payable to Georgian College)
Royal Bank of Canada
Transit # 00302-003
53 Bayfield Street
Barrie, Ontario CANADA
Credit account of Georgian College of Applied Arts and Technology, Account # 130-344-5.
Swift code (if needed) is ROYCCAT2.
Keep your copy of the wire as proof that the funds have been transferred. Be sure to include your student number and your name on the transfer so we can match it to your account.Office of the Registrar C170 One Georgian Drive, Barrie, ON L4M 3X9 Tel: 705.728,1968, ext. 5820 Fax: 705.722.5118 firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.