Diploma, degree and graduate programs
- Secondary or high school transcripts with proof of graduation, subjects taken, and grades received
- Math and English credits are required at the Grade 12 level
- Check your program’s web page for additional admission requirements
Graduate certificate programs
- College or university transcripts with proof of graduation, subjects taken, and grades received
- Resume outlining work/volunteer/internship experiences
- Letter of intent stating reason for applying
Note: Some programs may have additional requirements. Please refer to our Programs page.
English language proficiency
All applicants for whom English is a foreign language must provide proof of English language proficiency or graduate from one of the authorized Georgian College partner school pathway programs. Please read the English language proficiency requirements, Section 2.5 (scroll down to the appropriate section on that page for details).
Admission requirements for Health, Wellness and Sciences programs
It is the student’s responsibility to complete and submit all records and documents as requested by the program area. These documents are required prior to the start of registration in order to ensure your placement and to allow participation in clinical and field placement facilities. The college assumes no responsibility for these matters and students should be aware that we are unable to refund tuition in the event that access to a placement is denied.
International education equivalency guidelines
Requirements by country
International students are successful in co-ops too!
Many international students choose to study at Georgian College because we have a long history of delivering work-integrated learning. All of Georgian’s co-op programs require students – including international students – to complete successful co-op work terms in order to graduate. What that means is that a student in a three year co-op program actually will have completed two years of academic study along with one year work experience when they graduate. Having the opportunity to gain industry-related work experience often leads to better opportunities upon completion of the program.
- Applicants are urged to apply as early as possible to ensure there is sufficient time to obtain a student permit: May 1 for September, Oct. 1 for January and March 1 for May. After these dates, it’s first come, first serve.
- For highly competitive programs the deadline is Feb. 1 for all intakes.
- Applications are accepted all year round if space is available.
- Please ensure that you include the $100 CAD processing fee with your application. We are unable to process applications that do not include the processing fee.
- If it’s been more than one year since you first applied to Georgian, you must complete a new application form and pay the $100 processing fee. You do not need to submit academic documents. We will request additional documents, if required.
NEW International student web application form
- Web applications are accepted for postsecondary programs only for January 2016.
- Internet browsers Firefox 36 or Google Chrome 41 must be used when completing the web application.
- Please ensure the accuracy of the information and indicate your application number in all future correspondence.
- The web application will transfer electronically to the college (please do not also send a pdf application).
- Applications that are started and not completed may be lost.
- If you are applying for English for Academic Purposes, please use the fillable pdf application for international students (see below).
- Updates/changes cannot be made on the web application form once you have submitted it. Please send updates/changes directly to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference your application number.
International student application form (fillable pdf)
- To complete the fillable pdf application form, please do the following:
- Open the fillable pdf form and type in required fields. (Please do not hand write your application.)
- Save the file as a pdf.
- Email the saved pdf file to email@example.com with all required transcripts and supplemental documents. Credit card information must be provided to process the $100 application fee.
- Original or certified copies of English language test scores, academic records and any other documentation may be scanned and sent by email along with your application. High resolution scans are required. Original or certified paper copies are not required unless requested as part of the admissions process.
- Students need to show proof of graduation, subjects taken and grades received.
- Students who are not graduating until later in the year should send current transcripts along with mid-term grades.
Once we reach an admissions decision, you or your representative will receive an email with a letter of acceptance (or refusal). Please note that final/unconditional acceptance letters are mailed or sent by courier, while conditional letters are only sent by email. A final/unconditional letter will be sent once all admission requirements are met. Students who receive a conditional acceptance must submit the required documentation by June 1 to receive a final acceptance.
Full tuition fees are due by June 1 for September start dates and Oct. 1 for January start dates to guarantee your place in the program.
5. Study permit/visa
Once you have an acceptance letter and tuition receipt, you may apply for a student permit/student visa from the Canadian Embassy or consulate. View additional information on study permits in Canada. Note: The application process could take between four to six months. Please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as you receive your study permit/student visa. To get the designated learning institute number for Georgian College, visit the Canadian government website for an institution list and further information.
6. Next step
Secure your accommodation by viewing the housing options on the Student services tab. If you are staying in Homestay, you must complete the Homestay application and email it to email@example.com two weeks in advance. After you have confirmed where you’re living, you can book your airport pickup online. For detailed information, please contact International Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Postsecondary programs and English for Academic Purposes (EAP): $100
All tuition fees include health insurance, ID card, activity fees, education technology, co-op fees
- Diploma: approximately $13,500-$14,500
- Degree: approximately $16,500-$18,500
- Graduate certificate: approximately $16,500-$20,000
Current tuition and ancillary fees, by program, can be found on the Georgian College Admissions page . Please note, fees are subject to change.
Accommodation (per month)
- Homestay (with meals): $750
- Homestay (without meals): $500
- Room for rent (estimated cost): $500
- Residence fees
- Books, English for Academic Purposes: $250 to $350 (per seven-week semester)
- Books, postsecondary programs: $50 to $200 (Per textbook)
- Transportation: $65 (per month)
- Groceries: $300 to $400 (monthly estimate)
All costs are in Canadian dollars. Prices are approximate and may change without notice. For more pricing details, contact email@example.com.
How to pay your fees at Georgian College
Please include your name and student number on all correspondence. All payments should be payable to Georgian College. Please note: Georgian College will accept credit card payments for tuition deposits only. You must use another method of payment for the remaining balance.
- Debit card
- Visa, MasterCard, American Express (tuition deposits only)
- Money order (to be drawn from a Canadian bank)
- Bank or demand draft (to be drawn from a Canadian bank)
- Certified cheque (to be drawn from a Canadian bank)
- Wire or bank transfer
- Internet banking (your student number is your account number, payable to Georgian College)
Royal Bank of Canada
Transit # 00302-003 53 Bayfield Street Barrie, Ontario CANADA Credit account of Georgian College of Applied Arts and Technology, Account # 130-344-5. Swift code (if needed) is ROYCCAT2. Keep your copy of the wire as proof that the funds have been transferred. Be sure to include your student number and your name on the transfer so we can match it to your account.
Office of the Registrar, Room C170
One Georgian Drive, Barrie, ON L4M 3X9
Tel: 705.728.1968, ext. 5820
Georgian College has partnered with peerTransfer to make international tuition payments easier for international students. With peerTransfer, you are offered excellent foreign exchange rates, allowing you to pay in your home currency (in most cases) and save a significant amount of money, as compared to traditional banks. In addition, the posting of the payment into your Georgian College account will be faster, and you will be notified via email when it is received.
Go to peerTransfer begin the payment process.
You will need your 9-digit student number and current Georgian College password to complete your payment. You can find your student number on your letter of admission. If this is your first time logging in, your password will be your date of birth in the format YYMMDD.
To get started, select the country from which funds will be coming and the payment amount in Canadian dollars you wish to make to Georgian College.
In most cases, the Canadian dollar amount will be converted into your home currency at preferential exchange rates, which will translate into savings for you.
After providing basic information,
- You will be asked to visit your bank (via phone, online or in person) to send funds from your local bank to peerTransfer. Or;
- If you have selected an online payment method such as credit card or e-wallet, you will be guided through the necessary steps to complete the payment.
NOTE: Canadian credit cards will not be accepted.
peerTransfer will then forward the Canadian dollar amount to Georgian College where it will be directly credited to your student account.
Through the peerTransfer student dashboard you will be able to track where your payment is in the transfer process. You will receive an email confirmation from peerTransfer when your payment is deposited into the Georgian College bank account.
Georgian College will issue a receipt for new applicants stating the program and tuition payment that is deposited to the applicant’s Georgian student account. The email will be sent to the applicant’s agent/representative or directly to the applicant if the applicant applied independently to Georgian
Please note if you make payment by peerTransfer, any applicable refund will be returned via the original method of payment and to the original holder’s account.
At any time, you will have a dedicated peerTransfer customer service team reachable via chat, Skype, email and phone to answer any of your questions: www.peertransfer.com/help.