Information about our three-year, two-year and certificate programs:
Why consider a technical education?
A technical education will open doors to many lucrative possibilities:
- Are you creative and curious?
- Do you like to understand how things work?
- Can you work with a team and on your own?
Technical careers require all of these attributes. People with technical skills are in high demand.
What kind of work will I do?
Graduates from our two and three-year diploma programs become technologists and technicians and work as integral members of engineering teams. They combine theoretical knowledge with practical, hands-on skills.
What does a technologist do?
- Design equipment
- Design devices
- Decide what equipment to use on projects
- Supervise their installation and use
What does a technician do?
- Install equipment
- Test equipment
- Fix and use equipment
What salaries can I expect?*
- Entry level salaries: $35,000 to $43,000
- Salary range: $35,000 to $150,000+
Average annual compensation (Salary, bonus and overtime):
- Technologist: $69,700
- Technician: $69,000
* Source: 2004 Compensation Survey, Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists (OACETT)