Thinking about starting your own business? You’ve come to the right place!
Research indicates that many of today’s professionals will change jobs 12 times in their careers. Why not develop and start your own business?
At the Henry Bernick Entrepreneurship Centre, we help YOU excel in business by:
- Accessing one-on-one coaching with experienced mentors
- Connecting with entrepreneurs who have started, managed and sold businesses
- Marketing services
- Financial services
- Technology services
- Prototyping and product development
- e-business solutions
- Public grants and loans
- Henry Bernick Seed Fund
- Network of Angel Organizations
- Private loans
- Henry Bernick Toolkit
- Business planning
- Patent filing
Henry Bernick: Accelerating student dreams
“Studying in a traditional postsecondary program is like baking a cake. But then adding entrepreneurship studies on top of it, no matter what your profession or industry, is like the icing on the cake and of course, icing is the best part!”
– Henry Bernick
Through a generous donation to establish the Entrepreneurship Centre, Henry Bernick is helping entrepreneurs find their mentors, reach their potential as business leaders and play key roles in transforming and evolving the local economy.
Henry Bernick Entrepreneurship Medal
We hope to make initial awards of the Henry Bernick Entrepreneurship Medal to deserving recipients in June of this year. Three medals will be awarded as follows:
1) Student Entrepreneurial Award: To be awarded to a student who has been enrolled in a program at Georgian College during 2015-16. This student entrepreneur will have exhibited exceptional achievements in an entrepreneurial initiative that has realized or shows potential for success in a commercial, social, educational, cultural or environmental venture.
2) Community Entrepreneurial Award: To be awarded to an entrepreneur(s) at the helm of a small business of less than 25 employees who has benefited from the services provided by the Henry Bernick Entrepreneurship Centre. The entrepreneur will have shown resilience and fortitude in overcoming obstacles and difficulties to ensure a secure and growing success.
3) Entrepreneurs’ Champion Award: To be awarded to a person or organization who works to help entrepreneurs be successful. Through fostering, nurturing and encouraging entrepreneurs, this person will be distinguished by insight, reach and success stories, but most importantly, by the example set through his or her actions and unwavering support.
Are you an entrepreneur starting a new business or considering pivoting your existing business? Join us for the Agile Planning Series – a 6 week intensive workshop that favours exploration over elaborate planning, customer feedback over intuition and iterative processes over traditional structured business planning. Learn about how to create an agile business through lean startup tools and methodologies. Topics include: the lean start up, value proposition, customer discovery, competitive strategy, path to sales, pitching. Program concludes with a pitch competition where participants of the program can compete for $2500 seed money. Barrie Campus. Weekly June 22- July 27 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Artrepreneur is a program designed to equip independent artists, arts administrators and creative entrepreneurs with vital business skills needed for success across all arts disciplines and industries. This is the second cohort of Artrepreneur Barrie. The program was created by the York Region Arts Council in 2015 and will have completed five cohorts in four communities by the end of 2016.
Why participate in the program?
Artists are entrepreneurs who contribute greatly to the social and economic well-being of their communities and, as such, require strategic training to grow in capacity. By incubating creatives working across all disciplines in one program, we foster collaboration and the sharing of ideas, tools, tips and best practices, resulting in a well-rounded understanding of what it takes to “make it” as a creative entrepreneur.
Artrepreneur Barrie is comprised of weekly seminars and workshops, assignments, mentorships and a final presentation and expo over a period of four months. It primarily serves Barrie-based artists, arts groups and creative businesses working in all disciplines such as, though not limited to, visual arts, dance, theatre, film, music, jewellery, fashion, graphic design, gaming and augmented reality. Sessions are hands-on and will range in format from lectures to peer-to-peer workshops.
Throughout the program, faculty will guide fellows in the step-by-step development of a business plan by providing them with templates, learning modules and actionable assignments. By the end of the program, fellows will have a complete business plan and the opportunity to present their work in front of industry leaders. Upon successful completion, fellows will also be awarded a certificate endorsed by all program partners.
Learn more about Artrepreneur Barrie at www.Barrie.ca/Artrepreneur and apply online today!
Deadline for applications: Monday, Aug. 8, 2016 by midnight
Duration of program: In-class: Sept. 20 – Dec. 20, 2016, Expo: Jan. 2017