Thinking about starting your own business? You’ve come to the right place!
Research indicates that many of today’s professionals will change jobs 12 times in their careers. Why not develop and start your own business?
At the Henry Bernick Entrepreneurship Centre, we help YOU excel in business by:
- accessing one-on-one coaching with experienced mentors
- connecting with entrepreneurs who have started, managed and sold businesses
- marketing services
- financial services
- technology services
- prototyping and product development
- e-business solutions
- public grants and loans
- Henry Bernick Seed Fund
- Network of Angel Organizations
- private loans
Henry Bernick: Accelerating student dreams
“Studying in a traditional postsecondary program is like baking a cake. But then adding entrepreneurship studies on top of it, no matter what your profession or industry, is like the icing on the cake and of course, icing is the best part!”
– Henry Bernick
Through a generous donation to establish the Entrepreneurship Centre, Henry Bernick is helping entrepreneurs find their mentors, reach their potential as business leaders and play key roles in transforming and evolving the local economy.
Henry Bernick Entrepreneurship Medal
We hope to make initial awards of the Henry Bernick Entrepreneurship Medal to deserving recipients in June of this year. Three medals will be awarded as follows:
- Student Entrepreneurial Award: To be awarded to a student who has been enrolled in a program at Georgian College during 2015-16. This student entrepreneur will have exhibited exceptional achievements in an entrepreneurial initiative that has realized or shows potential for success in a commercial, social, educational, cultural or environmental venture.
- Community Entrepreneurial Award: To be awarded to an entrepreneur(s) at the helm of a small business of fewer than 25 employees who has benefited from the services provided by the Henry Bernick Entrepreneurship Centre. The entrepreneur will have shown resilience and fortitude in overcoming obstacles and difficulties to ensure a secure and growing success.
- Entrepreneurs’ Champion Award: To be awarded to a person or organization who works to help entrepreneurs be successful. Through fostering, nurturing and encouraging entrepreneurs, this person will be distinguished by insight, reach and success stories, but most importantly, by the example set through his or her actions and unwavering support.
exC!te Pitch Competition
If you are between the ages of 18 and 29 and have a business idea, this is the competition for you!
The exC!te Pitch Competition lets you share your business idea, get feedback from experts and win prizes.
Date and Location details coming soon!
Artrepreneur is a program designed to equip independent artists, arts administrators and creative entrepreneurs with vital business skills needed for success across all arts disciplines and industries.
Artrepreneur South Georgian Bay is happening now. Learn more about Artrepreneur today.
This intensive 12-week program favours exploration over elaborate planning, customer feedback over intuition and iterative processes over traditional structured business planning. You will learn about how to create an agile business through lean startup tools and methodologies.
The program is perfect for entrepreneurs starting a new business or considering pivoting an existing business.
Dates: Jan. 25 to March 29
Pitching to Investors
Entrepreneur’s Toolkit Workshops are experiential, hands-on workshops facilitated by experienced entrepreneurs. The workshops offer ventures tools, mentoring and peer feedback to solve specific problems and develop essential business components.
In this session you will generate a deliverable that you will use frequently in the business development process.
Lynn Eakin – Speaking Notes
ELC Speaker Series
The Legislative Environment Surrounding Social Enterprise
Are you an individual or not-for-profit exploring opportunities for start up, growth and/or scaling of social enterprise? Don’t miss this session exploring the legislative environment surrounding social enterprise in Ontario.