Thinking about starting your own business? You’ve come to the right place!
Research indicates that many of today’s professionals will change jobs 12 times in their careers. Why not develop and start your own business?
At the Henry Bernick Entrepreneurship Centre, we help YOU excel in business by:
- Accessing one-on-one coaching with experienced mentors
- Connecting with entrepreneurs who have started, managed and sold businesses
- Marketing services
- Financial services
- Technology services
- Prototyping and product development
- e-business solutions
- Public grants and loans
- Henry Bernick Seed Fund
- Network of Angel Organizations
- Private loans
- Henry Bernick Toolkit
- Business planning
- Patent filing
Henry Bernick: Accelerating student dreams
“Studying in a traditional postsecondary program is like baking a cake. But then adding entrepreneurship studies on top of it, no matter what your profession or industry, is like the icing on the cake and of course, icing is the best part!”
– Henry Bernick
Through a generous donation to establish the Entrepreneurship Centre, Henry Bernick is helping entrepreneurs find their mentors, reach their potential as business leaders and play key roles in transforming and evolving the local economy.
Henry Bernick Entrepreneurship Medal
We hope to make initial awards of the Henry Bernick Entrepreneurship Medal to deserving recipients in June of this year. Three medals will be awarded as follows:
1) Student Entrepreneurial Award: To be awarded to a student who has been enrolled in a program at Georgian College during 2015-16. This student entrepreneur will have exhibited exceptional achievements in an entrepreneurial initiative that has realized or shows potential for success in a commercial, social, educational, cultural or environmental venture.
2) Community Entrepreneurial Award: To be awarded to an entrepreneur(s) at the helm of a small business of less than 25 employees who has benefited from the services provided by the Henry Bernick Entrepreneurship Centre. The entrepreneur will have shown resilience and fortitude in overcoming obstacles and difficulties to ensure a secure and growing success.
3) Entrepreneurs’ Champion Award: To be awarded to a person or organization who works to help entrepreneurs be successful. Through fostering, nurturing and encouraging entrepreneurs, this person will be distinguished by insight, reach and success stories, but most importantly, by the example set through his or her actions and unwavering support.
Are you are an aspiring or established entrepreneur? Or simply curious about what it takes to be one? Join us for a dynamic, interactive learning experience. Everyone is welcome and it is FREE. Sessions are also available through livestream. Click here for a list of upcoming sessions starting Feb. 3 bi-weekly.
PCensus for Business Workshop gives entrepreneurs access to the data they need to evaluate locations, find markets and get to know their customers’ spending habits, giving them the ability to make more informed market planning decisions. April 21, Midland Campus.
Want to learn how to run nutritional facts panels for your food products? Take part in a three-hour workshop to learn how to use the Genesis software. Sign me up! Space is limited. Click here for a list of various locations and dates scheduled.
This free workshop will teach you the skills you need to tell your story about your business in a concise manner. Whether you are pitching an investor, partner or client – this session will give you the tips and tricks for building powerful pitches. Delivered by our partners, MaRs DD. Workshop takes place March 10.
Take this opportunity to design a piece of outdoor marketing furniture: recycling units, trash stations and bins or transit seating.
Prize: $1,000 and the potential to make royalties from your design.
Competition opens March 1st and closes April 4th, with final Industrial Design Competition Showcase – Research, Innovation and Scholarship Day. Click here for more details about this event.
Startup Weekend is a 54-hour event in which developers, designers, product managers, marketers and aspiring entrepreneurs get together to share ideas, form teams and create startups. There is an investment of $5,000 to the top team. Click here to watch a video of what goes on at Startup Weekend or visit the website. Workshop takes place April 1 – 3.
Follow us on Twitter @barriestartup
Kauffman’s New Venture workshop is designed to ensure early-stage entrepreneurs take the necessary steps to build a successful business from the start. You’ll learn in this workshop to match business concepts with your personal vision, align business concepts with real market opportunities, how to set realistic financial goals, determine unique features and benefits of your products and services, how to manage business functions and develop an organizational culture, determine steps to profitability and potential sources of business funding. This four-day workshop will be held April 2-3, and 16-17 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Georgian’s Barrie Campus.
Artrepreneur brings creatives working across all disciplines together to share ideas, tools, tips and best practices, resulting in a well-rounded understanding of what it takes to “make it” as an entrepreneur. Artists are also given strategic training that will help them excel as creative entrepreneurs.