Georgian students, staff, faculty, alumni, community and business partners, and donors are invited to celebrate the college’s golden anniversary in a way that is the most meaningful to them.
How does the Fab 50 Challenge work?
Individuals and/or groups are asked to lead an activity related to the 50th anniversary. This could include:
- Donating 50 items to the student food bank, the Georgian Food Locker
- Organizing a student, staff or departmental project related to Georgian’s history
- Planning a 1969-themed dress-up day
- Undertaking 50 random acts of kindness
- Handing out 50 popsicles on a hot day
- Promoting a college event or varsity game to 50 friends
- Planning a fundraising event that benefits 50 students
- Recruiting a team of five or 50 for Team Georgian at the Rotary Fun Run
- Stopping 50 students in the hallway, introducing yourself and thanking them for choosing Georgian
- Inviting high-achieving alumni from each decade to speak to your class about their career
- Displaying items specific to your academic area and Georgian’s history
- Spending 50 minutes with an international student to find out how their life path led them to Georgian
After you’ve finished your activity, submit the description and photo (if applicable) to email@example.com.
A draw will be held on Thursday, Oct. 5 – Georgian’s main celebration day – to reward one group with a pizza party for 50 people. In addition, the Georgian College Alumni Association will make a $500 donation to a student scholarship of their choosing.