Bear Essentials stores carry many of the essentials you need to succeed with your studies and more! You’ll find:
- Course material requirements (new, used, electronic or rental textbooks, kits and uniforms)
- A great selection of bestsellers and reference books
- Art supplies, stationery, giftware
- Stamps, bus passes, lockers and phone cards
- Specialty items such as rings and diploma frames
We are an authorized reseller for numerous software and hardware manufacturers, offering many special educational discounts. Our Barrie Campus location is also an authorized service centre. See Technology to learn more.
Bear Essentials stores are located at Barrie, Orillia and Owen Sound campuses. You can also shop online at georgianstores.com.
In Barrie, Bear Essentials, and the Depot is located on the main floor of K Building of Georgian College. Bear Essential stores are also located in Orillia and Owen Sound campuses.
Buying a computer? Check us out first!
Purchasing a computer can be an intimidating experience. At Bear Essentials, our mandate is to serve the students of Georgian College, and we believe a computer purchase is an investment in your education. We’ll help you make an informed computer choice with an emphasis on “service and value.”
Georgian College students are eligible for academically priced software. You can save anywhere from 10% to 90% off selected titles from such major software companies as: Adobe, AutoDesk, Microsoft, and Quark.
At the Bear Essentials Barrie location we offer a variety of printers, scanners, brand name laptops and tablets. We have Windows based systems from Fujitsu and Asus. Looking for a product that’s not listed? Ask us; we can special order selected products from Canon, Epson, HP, LaCie, Lenovo, LG, Logitech, Microsoft, Samsung, Sony, Toshiba and many more.
Consumables and accessories
We carry at all our Bear Essentials locations a selection of competitively priced inks, photo paper, speakers, ear buds, headsets, cables, keyboards, mice and Wacom graphics tablets. We also sell a variety of storage media such as blank CDs, DVDs, mini-DVD’s, external hard drives, SD Memory Cards, MicroSD Memory Cards and USB flash drives.
We work closely with the Centre for Access and Disability Services at Georgian College, providing students with adaptive technologies software and hardware designed to facilitate and enhance the learning experience. We carry or can special order such products as: Dragon Naturally Speaking, Kurzweil 3000, Inspiration, ZoomText Magnifier, Franklin Language Master handheld units and KNFB Readers. We sell laptop systems tested to work with this unique software and, for a fee, can install it for you. Don’t see what you’re looking for? Ask us; we can probably special order it in for you.
Adaptive technologies software
- Inspiration V9 Personal Edition $49.00
Other titles available by special order; please contact the store for current pricing and availability.
Adobe student and teacher editions
- Acrobat XI Professional Mac $149.95
- Acrobat XI Professional Win $149.95
- Photoshop Lightroom 5 Mac/Win $95.95
- Adobe Creative Cloud 12-month prepaid membership $279.95
- Photoshop Elements 13 & Premiere Elements 13 Mac/Win $89.95
For eligibility requirements, visit: www.adobe.com/go/eligibility
Microsoft Office university
- Microsoft Office 365 University $79.95
Proof of academic eligibility required post-purchase.
Nuance Academic Software
- Dragon Naturally Speaking Preferred (Win) 12 Academic Version $199.95
Proof of academic eligibility required post-purchase.
Pricing current as of Nov. 7, 2014 and subject to change without notice. Tax extra. Any software title not carried in stock is considered a special order item; it must be prepaid for in full and is a final sale item.
- UX303LN-DB71T $1399
13.3″ QHD+ Display + Touch, Intel Core i7-4510U, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 840M Video Card w/ 2GB, 256GB SSD, 802.11AGN, HD Webcam, Bluetooth 4.0, Windows 8.1 (64bit)
- T100TA-DH14T $499
10.1″ IPS HD Display + Touch, Intel Bay Trail Z3740, 2GB RAM, Intel GMA HD Video Card, 64GB SSD + 500GB HD, 802.11AGN, HD Webcam, Bluetooth 4.0, Windows 8.1 (32bit), Office Home & Student 2013
- P550CA-XS31 $639
15.6″ HD Display, Intel Core i3-3217U, 4GB RAM, Intel UMA Video Card, 500GB HD, DL DVD±RW/CD-RW, 802.11BGN, HD Webcam, Bluetooth 4.0, Windows 7 Pro (64bit) installed w/ Windows 8 Pro COA (downgrade rights)
Please email Bear Essentials Technology Department at GeorgianStores@GeorgianCollege.ca for current price lists on our available computer systems.
Located in Bear Essentials at the Barrie campus, we offer a full service and repair facility. We can perform warranty repairs on Fujitsu laptops as well as non-warranty software repairs on most brands of laptops and desktops. We can usually have your computer ready for pickup within one business day. The service centre operates on a first come, first served basis.
All service requests are subject to a $35 bench fee to cover the costs of system diagnostics. This fee is payable at the time the unit is dropped off for service work; if the repair is fully covered by warranty, this fee will be refunded to the customer. All work is at an hourly rate of $75/hour for non-warranty labour (which includes, but is not limited to: operating system installs, software installs, data backup and/or recovery), plus the costs of any non-warranty parts. Parts are subject to Environmental Handling Fees and tax. Our labour rates of $35 and $75 include applicable tax.
To book a repair or check on a repair please contact the store at 705.728.1968, ext. 5556
Bear Essentials is an authorized service center for Fujitsu.
- The original receipt must accompany all returns
- Refunds will be issued in the same method they where purchased in. Debit or credit cards must accompany requests for refund to these payment methods.
- Products can only be returned within 10 business days of the purchase
- Products must be unopened and in re-saleable condition
- Defective hardware returns within 10 business days of the purchase will only be exchanged for the same product
- Adobe and Microsoft software titles are final sale
Bear Essentials can special order in items not stocked in the store
- Software special orders must be pre-paid in full and are final sale
- Accessory and hardware special orders must be pre-paid in full and are final sale
- Computer system and laptop special orders require a non-refundable deposit of either $100 or 10% of the system value before taxes, which ever is greater, and are final sale
Bear Essentials is located on the main floor of the K Building of the Barrie Campus of Georgian College. Selected computer products are also available through the Bear Essential locations in Orillia and Owen Sound.
- Store: 705.722.1570
- Service Centre: 705.728.1968 ext. 5556
Are you looking for a booklist? Click on one of the links below.