Who Should Take this Course?
The following individuals must take the course:
- All new applicants for registration as a salesperson under the MVDA.
- The following persons associated with any new application for registration as a dealer: person in charge of day-to day operations, officers ( president, vice-president,secretary treasurer), partners and sole proprietors, unless currently grandfathered.
- Any “grandfathered” salesperson who changes type of registration ( salesperson to dealer in a capacity listed in the previous point unless previously engaged in a similar capacity.)
- All “grandfathered “registrants seeking re-registration more than six months following expiry (for any reason) of their registration.
- All persons who have passed the course and are seeking re-registration 24 months following expiry ( for any reason) of their OMVIC registration .
- Registrants who are required to do so through terms and conditions of registration imposed by the Licence Appeal Tribunal, a Discipline Panel or as agreed upon with the Registrar.
- All new officers , partners and persons in charge of day-to-day operations of existing registrants where the individuals were not previously ”grandfathered” as a dealer.
OMVIC and the Automotive Business School of Canada strongly encourage you to sign up for this essential course.
This course covers the laws, regulations and practices governing the purchase, sale and lease of motor vehicles in Ontario. There is a thorough explanation of the Motor Vehicle Dealers Act (the key statute governing the registration of dealers and salesperson’s) and the role of the Ontario Motor Vehicle Industry Council (OMVIC) in the administration of the Act.
Note: Course content is subject to change to meet industry demands.