Scholarships and awards await Automotive Business School of Canada students
“Applying for the many various awards Georgian College offers to their students is one of the best things I’ve done in my time here. Because of the funding I received, I’ve been able to spend less time worrying about paying for my tuition and more time focusing on maintaining my grades. I have no doubt that when I graduate I will have many great opportunities for a rewarding career, and I couldn’t have done it without the awards and scholarships from Georgian College.”
– Chuck Reimer, Automotive Business School of Canada student
- Did you know you don’t have to be a straight-A student to apply for Scholarships?
- Did you know that you can win an award before you start here – you must be accepted to a program to apply… it is that easy.
- Need some extra money for textbooks or a new computer?
Win an award to put towards it!
Check out ALL of our available Scholarships and Awards here!
The Automotive Business School of Canada is strongly supported by the automotive industry. The total value given to students annually is $150,000 in scholarships. This is the largest amount of funds given to students in any program at Georgian College!
The scholarships are awarded based on academic achievement, automotive experience, financial need, and student involvement in the Automotive Business School of Canada. Review and download the award information and application from the Office of Development website.
Winning Tips and Advice
The following tips will give you an inside track on how to apply for an award or scholarship. Small details can make a big difference in whether or not your application stands out from all the rest.
- Be proactive – don’t miss the deadline!
- Start putting together your letters of reference and requirements for the application process
- Read and carefully review the criteria for the award – make sure you are eligible!
- Write clearly, be concise, check spelling
- Ensure your cover letter clearly outlines how you meet the criteria of the award
- Ensure you have provided ALL requested information. Attach all required documents to your application.
Who do I contact if I have questions?
General inquiries: (705) 728-1968 ext. 1483
Georgian Entrance Bursary
The Georgian College Entrance Bursary is available to new full-time college and university students who are residents of Ontario. Upon acceptance to your program, you will receive an application form in your acceptance package. Deadlines apply. Georgian College will be issuing bursaries valued at up to $500 each to qualified students who demonstrate financial need. Many other sources of emergency funds and special loans exist at the College. For details visit georgianc.on.ca/admissions/finances or call the Financial Aid office at (705) 728-1968, ext. 5267.
Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP)
Financial assistance may be available to financially needy students who are Canadian citizens, permanent residents or protected persons and are residents of Ontario. Apply early and free of charge over the Internet at osap.gov.on.ca. Refer to the OSAP website for deadline information.
Please visit Georgian for more information on program fees.