Georgian College provides a number of opportunities to recognize and celebrate the success of its graduates.
The Premier’s Awards are an annual provincial awards program created by the government to acknowledge the important economic and social contribution college graduates make worldwide. The Premier’s Awards are administered by Colleges Ontario.
Any graduate of a college program may be nominated. The person must have demonstrated outstanding career success and be making a contribution to their community or society.
Colleges may nominate one graduate in each of the following categories:
- Creative Arts & Design
- Community Services
- Health Sciences
- Recent Graduate
Read about Georgian’s past winners.
Do you know a Georgian graduate who should be recognized for their career achievements and successes? The Alumni Office welcomes suggestions for nominations at any time. Please send your suggestion to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 705-728-1968, ext.1128 for more information.
Board of Governor’s Distinguished Alumni Award
Every year during May, the Board of Governor’s of Georgian College recognize graduates who:
- have achieved an exceptionally high level of career success
- have received professional recognition in their field
- have made a significant contribution to Georgian, or the community in general
Alumni of Distinction Award nominations are welcome at any time. For complete information, click here.
The Helen and Arch Brown Honourary Alumni Award
The designation of Honourary Alumni is given to individuals who have made a significant and lasting contribution to Georgian College. Individuals awarded Honourary Alumni status will enjoy all of the same rights and privileges bestowed upon a Graduate Alumni.
Nomination Criteria – Candidates must:
- Be in good standing with the College.
- Have made significant contributions to the advancement of Georgian College through financial, academic or advocacy merits.
- Have demonstrated their understanding of the importance of alumni to the sustainability of Georgian College.
- Helped to promote the GCAA internally and/or at large.
If you know of any individual who you feel would be a candidate for this award, please contact the Alumni Assistant.