This program prepares students for careers involving the development, evaluation, and support of IT security solutions. Building on previous educational experience, students learn to create cost effective and secure computing environments. Graduates are able to categorize, design, implement, and integrate technical and managerial safeguards to ensure the security of networked computer systems. An emphasis will be placed on interpersonal, organizational, technical, communication, and problem-solving skills applied to enhance the effective implementation of security in a business environment.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree with a focus in computer studies, or equivalent work experience in computer networks and operating systems.
Applicants must meet ONE of the following requirements to be eligible for admission to this program:
- College diploma or university degree with a focus in computer studies, or equivalent work experience in computer networks and operating systems.
Applicants will be asked to submit a current resume and letter of interest to the Program Coordinator. Academic and experiential learning of all applicants will be assessed.
Placement agencies require an up-to-date clear criminal reference check and vulnerable sector check prior to going out on placement. Students should obtain their criminal reference three months prior to placement; checks conducted earlier may not be considered current. As some jurisdictions require longer lead-time for processing, please check with the program coordinator to ensure you allow for sufficient turn-around time. It is the student's responsibility to provide the completed document prior to placement start.
NOTE: A record of criminal offences, for which a pardon has not been granted, may prevent students from completing their placements, thereby affecting their ability to graduate.
- NETS1006 Contingency Planning and Disaster Recovery
- NETS1015 Security Management
- NETS1034 Hacking Techniques and Exploits
- NETS1035 Applied Cryptography
- NETS1025 Network Security 1
- NETS1026 Windows Systems Security
- NETS1036 Information Security
- NETS1028 Linux Systems Security
- NETS1037 Monitoring and Log Management
- NETS1030 Networks Security 2
- NETS1038 Application Security
- NETS1032 Digital Forensics
- NETS1033 Computer and Network Systems Security Internship