Today's human resource professionals are leaders and managers of change. They respond to the challenges triggered by new trends in technology, increasing government involvement in the employer-employee relationship, workplace diversity and globalization. The future belongs to organizations with the human resource expertise that can lower labour costs, improve productivity, increase responsiveness to customers’ needs, and build employee commitment.
Part-time delivery option
We also offer a part-time delivery format for this program:
- complete the program in two-and-a-half years, including one field placement
- schedule includes two courses per semester, available during the day
- student registration on a course-by-course basis
- apply if you have previous postsecondary education - such as a degree or diploma - from an accredited university or college
Visit the Human Resources Management part-time program page for details and contact information.
NOTE: Use the major HRMX when applying to the part-time program through OCAS.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree; three years of post-secondary education
is recommended. Completion of 3 years of a 4-year degree will also be
Applicants must meet ONE of the following requirements to be eligible for admission to this program:
- College diploma, or university degree; three years of post-secondary education is recommended
Note: College diploma level courses cannot be used towards exemptions in this program as those courses are a requirement for admission to the program. Any requests for course exemptions must be based on equivalent courses completed at the Graduate Certificate level. Students with prior learning through academic, paid or volunteer experience may challenge courses through the College’s Prior Learning Assessment process.
View the Human Resources Management articulations on the Credit Transfer Centre page.
- HRMN1007 Human Resources Management
- HRMN1008 Training and Development
- HRMN1011 Compensation
- HRMN1009 Labour Economics
- HRMN1010 Employment Law
- HRMN1013 Organizational Behaviour
- HRMN1014 Finance and Accounting
- HRMN1017 Recruitment and Selection
- HRMN1016 Human Resources Planning
- HRMN1006 Occupational Health and Safety
- HRMN1022 Employee and Labour Relations
- HRMN1023 Human Resources Analytics
- HRMN1020 In-Industry Placement