This co-op program introduces students to the various functional aspects of business in general, and marketing more specifically. Graduates are able to apply planning, assessment, analysis, communication, sales, teamwork, research, and design skills to support the marketing activities of an organization. Graduates are also able to participate in the design of an organization's marketing plan and development of a range of marketing strategies, tactics and materials, online and off.
Why study Business - Marketing at Georgian?
Does a career in management, sales and research, advertising agencies, marketing firms or account management appeal to you? How about working for banks, finance, trust and insurance companies, computer firms, government ministries and agencies, producers of consumer and industrial products, wholesalers, retailers, non-profit organizations and more . . . Georgian College can provide you with solid business education options to get your career started.
OSSD or equivalent with
- Grade 12 English (C or U)
- any Grade 11* or 12 Mathematics (C, M, or U) *Minimum of 60% in Grade 11 College or University level Mathematics (MBF3C or MCF3M)
You must meet ONE of the following requirements to be eligible for admission to these programs:
Secondary school applicants:
- OSS Curriculum: OSSD or equivalent with Grade 12 English (C) or (U) (ENG4C, ENG4U); plus any Grade 11* or 12 College level mathematics (MBC3C, MAP4C or MCT4C) or 11* or 12 University level mathematics (MCF3M, MCR3U, MCV4U, MCB4U, MGA4U, MHF4U or MDM4U). (*Minimum of 60% in Grade 11 College or University level mathematics MCB3C, MCF3M or MCR3U)
Non-Secondary school applicants (19 years or older):
- Any credit Communication course and most credit mathematics courses taken at Georgian College
- College preparatory programs including those taken at Georgian College: Business Foundations*
- Equivalent courses in English and mathematics taken through secondary school or Independent Learning Centres (at the general, advanced, college or university level)
- Academic and Career Entrance Certificate (ACE) program with communications and business, apprentice or technical mathematics*
- Mature student testing in English and mathematics that meets the minimum standards for admission (available through most testing services)*
- Ontario High School Equivalency Certificate (GED)
- English, Literature or Communication credit courses and most mathematics credit courses from accredited colleges/universities
Home school applicants:
- Applicants can write the mature student testing in English and mathematics that meets the minimum standards for admission (available through testing services)*
* available from Georgian College. For a complete listing please contact the Office of the Registrar.
View the Business - Marketing articulations on the Credit Transfer Centre page.
- ACCT1000 Financial Accounting Principles 1
- BUSI1002 Consumer Behaviour
- MKTG2003 Marketing Research
- MKTG1003 Personal Selling
- BUSI1001 Introduction to Organizational Behaviour
- MATH1002 Mathematics of Finance
- COMP1003 Microcomputer Applications
- ECON1000 Microeconomics
- MKTG1000 Introduction to Marketing
- MKTG1001 Planning the Marketing Strategy
- ADVE2005 Pitching the Campaign
- COMP2093 Macintosh and Design Basics
- ENTR1002 Introduction to Entrepreneurship
- MKTG1015 Marketing Communications
- MKTG2012 Marketing Management
- MKTG2032 Marketing on the Web
- MKTG2033 Professional Edge
Communications CoursesTo be selected at time of registration from the College list, as determined by testing.
General Education CoursesTo be selected from College list
Co-op Work Terms
- COOP1008 Business Work Term 1
- COOP2026 Business Marketing Work Term 2